Thursday, April 18, 2013

The old Trunk in the Attic is my favorite treasure

Do you get excited about finding treasures in old houses? Have you ever found an old trunk in the attic? Well, I have and its like finding a piece of history that has been secretly hidden away for years. The finder gets to unlock the mystery to share with the world. What a rush!


I found an old trunk that looked a lot like the one in this picture complete with the nineteenth century clothing. It was such a thrill. My siblings and I touched the old dresses and gowns tenderly like we had fragile baby garments or precious silks in our hands. I remember feeling so amazed at the style and age of the clothing in the trunk. I don't remember how many dresses or hats or shoes were in those trunks but I do remember trying them on until my mother told us to pack them away. She let us play for a little while though and I cherished that time. 

I imagined that I was a fine lady who lived in the colonial times that was all dressed up for a fancy event. The hats were so stylish. I think I fell in love with old clothing during that trunk rummaging experience. My parents bought an old house. We found the trunks in the attic after we moved in. There were cubby holes in the attic and two full rooms upstairs. I still remember the musty antique smell. It was intoxicating to my sense of the mysterious. 

Let us explore the treasures that people find in old trunks and items folks find in attics, as well as other places. Let's see, flea markets and yard sales are good places to find antique treasures that others sell after they have cleaned the attic or garage. It will be one endless treasure hunt. Be sure to write to me to share your special finds!

Email themidnightwriter1@gmail.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment